Thursday, March 23, 2006

there's something about ..... sports

Yesterday I read the papers and the headlines caught my attention. I think SPH has succeeded in making sure their headlines make people sit up.

YOGA IS A SPORT?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

For your information, in case you are not a ST reader, the following is the top 10 sports people in Singapore engaged in:

1. Jogging
2. Swimming
3. Walking
4. Gym workout
5. Badminton
6. Football
7. Cycling
8. Basketball/street basketball
9. Golf
10. Yoga

Needless to say, I find this article highly amusing. I also find their definition of sports rather confusing.

I could be wrong, but some of these should be "excercise" rather than "sports". To me, these 2 terms are not interlocking and is far apart.

No.3 Walking. I'm surprised it's rank no.3. I mean... who doesn't walk everyday?!?!? I walk from my bed to the breakfast table. Sometimes, before I reached the breakfast table, I will also walk to the bathroom to do....erhem.

No.4 Gym Workout. I didn't realise the gay population is that big that this is ranked No.4. Ok... not everyone in California Fitness is gay. Some are seriously there to attempt to sweat it out in the very cold air-conditioning studio.


But Yoga......

I think they missed out one sports that is highly popular too. Majong!! This helps in blood circulation from the hands/arms up to the brain. In fact, I feel this burnt more calories than Yoga.


No comments: