Monday, May 19, 2008

there's something about ..... dvd

It's frustrating.

For years, I have been waiting for the price of DVDs to drop so that I can collect some of my favourite movies.

And now DVDs is the only commodity, if you can call this a commodity, in the World that keeps dropping in price every week.

And yet, I am hesistant in buying them now.

You never know when the lifespan is coming to an end, a horrible end.

Remember LDs? They didn't just fade out into the sunset. They fell off from the top of Raffles City and died horribly.

And everyone who was part of the LD eras are stucked with inventory that they didn't know what to do with it. And those LDs are not cheap.

Funny I should feel that way, considering that I didn't own any LD players... nor VCD players.

With Blue-ray on the Horizon, you kind of expect the end of DVDs. That is the only reason why they are now selling combo DVDs. 2 separate movies for the same price. They are even selling the whole movie catalog from United Artiste.

And now I have to wait another 5 years to own a Blue-Ray player and another 5 years to own my favourites movies in Blue-Ray format.

As I said, this is frustrating.

No comments: