Tuesday, July 08, 2008

there's something about ..... naming your kid

If only naming your kid is as easy as what nicole kidman did. She simply named her newborned daughter Sunday .

Interestingly the baby girl was borned on Monday.

Currently myself and my wife are thinking about names for our second child coming in August.

It's not as stressful as the first. You simply either followed the first letter of the elder's name or you follow along something that sounds similar.

I always thought Jeff's naming of the 2 kids is very clever. Elder girl is called Ella. Second one is called Emma. Even if you follow the alphabet sequence, "m" comes right after "l". So smart.

I tried using that approach for my son's name and it didn't quite turn out that way.

During my first kid, I joked about getting a random name from Straits Times, and I almost named my son "Paul", "Justine" and "Gerard"

I think I will continue with that formula to see which other names I can derive from Straits Times. If this failed, I can always fall back on the day he is borned. I like Monday and Friday.

No comments: