Monday, February 25, 2008

there's something about ..... sunroof

You know you are old when you buy an MPV for the family.

So I got my car on Saturday. The first thought when I saw the Sunroof was... "Cool".

However, till now... I still couldn't figure out the practicality or the intent of having any Sunroof in the car.

I tried many "patterns" to see how that would make the ride enjoyable.

I keep the aircon on with the sunroof opened.

I off the aircon with the sunroof opened.

I off the aircon, open the windows with the sunroof opened.

The conclusion...... I couldn't figure out the logic.

If the intention was to get that "Convertible" feeling.... you don't get it. Wind doesn't blow through your hair because of the sunroof. It blows through your hair because of the window.

If the intention was to be able to stand up and put your head through the roof... the roof it's too small.

If the intention was to be able to look at the sky while driving.... you could look ahead and still see the sky.

If the intention was to get the sun into the car while driving.... the aircon either escaped through the sunroof or the direct heat from the Sun into the car cause your aircon to work harder and in turn increase your fuel consumption.

If the intention is to get more breeze in..... it doesn't.

If the intention is to get a tanned while driving.... only the forehead gets the sun.

So seriously, I dunno what is the Sunroof for. Seems like alot of money spent on constructing something so irrelevant and illogical. They should just reduce the car price by couple of thousands.

No comments: