Tuesday, December 30, 2008

there's something about ..... 2008

I always do a last blog entry on every 31st of the year, but since I won't have time tomorrow, this year's entry will come today instead.

Just realised, it's the 4th year I have been blogging. Wow.

2007
2006
2005

Anyway, it's all about personal highlights, not national level, not global level, not universe level.

Top 10 Highlights of 2008

No.10
Caught one of the best Amercian Football game during Superbowl. link (I am a sports fan, what to do, any good game will excite me for life!)

No.9
I have turn to online streaming for my football actions and even movies. To me, it's a quantum leap considering I always have Sports Channel since the day I have cableTV. To cancel that Sports Group is like parting ways with your ex-girlfriend. U know you got to do it, and it's painful, but you just have to do it. Yes, you will miss the good times together, but without exploring what else is available, you never know if she starhub is the one for you.

No.8
My blog entry stupidity was mentioned and quoted in Sunday times. Very small section, smaller than most Obituary placing.

No.7
The escape of terrorist Mas Selamat. This was earth shattering. It's an eye opener for Singaporeans. Lots of parodies and jokes available in the net. It also casts many questions, like how come there must be 2 urinals in a cubicle? link

No.6
I crosspath with Stephanie Sun. THE Stephanie Sun. Not another Singaporean Celebrity that speaks with an American Accent and appear in MTV as Geisha and proclaim "Ohh.. I am a Fashionista.... " link

No.5
Olympics this year is the BEST. BEST Opening ceremony Ever. Lots of great sports moments. Singapore got a Silver Medal. We all know who Lee Bee Wah is. It's just great stuffs! TCS should write a story about this called "Little Beewah"

No.4
The financial crisis really hits home... hard. My income dip by 60%. So friends, if you are reading this, please pay for my meals next time.

No.3
Edison Chen's Saga let us peek into the world of Entertainment we all already knew, it also let us peek into many other things. YES... I am LAME!! Give me a nude shots of a pretty celebrity, and I will give him high ranking!!

No.2
F1 Singapore and The last race of F1 where Hamilton pip Felipe Massa in the last 10 secs to win the Championship, it was the best race ever... even surpassed the previous year where Kimi won, and any of those Michael Schumacher years. Yes.. I wanted Felipe to win, but the race itself was true classic.

No.1
The birth of my second son. Grown-man do cry.. even if this is the second time round.

RESOLUTIONS

Every year I do resolutions. But I realised this is a little stale as it's always the same, year after year. So nothing this time round.


BLOG ENTRY OF THE MONTH

This is selected by a panel of judges, namely the who and who of the blogosphere, their names are withheld for security reasons, so as to protect the intergrity of the votes. YES... you never know... there are people out there who want certain blog entry to win. It's prestigious.. u know!

Criteria also varies. Could be the number of comments. (that should be easy) Could be the quality of comments. (that should be easy) The author's favourite. The number of words. The number of pictures. The number of paragraphs.

Here goes.

Blog Entry for the month of JANUARY 2008 goes to....

there's something about leading pisa

February

edison chen

March

conspiracy

April

stupidity

May

sumiko

June

No winner

July

a Tie
genetic
and
youth of today

August

Olympics

September

guests

October

No winner

November

Tie
airline
and
punks

December
pursuit

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! MAY THE YEAR 2009 be MUCH BETTER!!!!!

No comments: