Monday, October 15, 2007

there's something about ..... rejections

Just today, I received another call from some scammers from China trying to cheat your money by pretending it's some survey they are carrying out with regards to your mobile phone brands etc etc.

This is like the 3rd time I have received such calls. The first time, I was curious and basically listen thru to what they have to say. I ended up giving a laugh and that angered the chinese girl. I promptly ended the call.

Since then, I have adopted the tactics of speaking to them in english.

Chinese Girl: ##$%$$^&%$* (in mandarin)

Me: Sorry? I don't understand what you are saying.

Chinese Girl: ok (she hang up immediately)

This works fabulously.

I also received lots of calls from Credit Cards Companies' appointed telemarketer.

They are mostly from E-Fusion or Intermedia.

These 2 companies seems to be doing cold-calls for All Credit Card Companies.

Telemarketer: I'm calling from XXX, for XXX bank's new credit card YYY.

Me: I already have that card.

Telemarketer: Thank you.

This works all the time as well.

Why don't you just tell them to remove your name from the calling list? It doesn't work.

No point getting angry at them. Just end the call promptly.

No comments: