Wednesday, November 23, 2005

there's something about ..... upgrade or downgrade

I uses these terms quite alot in my line of work.

But interestingly, these terms has been ask with regards to my recent car purchase.

It looks like an upgrade given that my new car is bigger, spacious, taller, more compartments than my old car.

But it's a downgrade given that on paper, this car has a smaller OMV than my old car which is smaller, narrower, shorter and lesser compartments. Also new to new, my current car is cheaper than my older car.

So while it's debatable and though not so important whether it's up or down, today I felt insulted.

I've never felt so insulted in all my life as a driver. Even my first car, a modest Suzuki Swift, 1 litre, manual did not make me lose face.

I was on the front row at a traffic light. Next to me was a Lorry. BUT KNN, the LORRY was able to speed off faster than my car!!!!

I REPEAT... NEVER.. NEVER.... would my previous cars let any lorry beat me.

Even in my last car.... NEVER... NEVER... would any other japanese made saloons, even some continental make saloon beat me from the traffic light.

And now.... A LORRY!?!?!?!?!?

My old car can probably run 0-100 in 11 secs.

My fastest run 0-100 in 12.6 secs during my school days.

This car?!?!?!? I think 0-100 in 20 secs!

This definitely felt like a downgrade... where ego is concerned!

No comments: