Thursday, December 20, 2007

there's something about ..... travelogue 3: flight meals

We took a SQ midnight flight departing from Singapore at 1.15 am. We thought it makes hell lots of sense. You save on one night of Hotel, you sleep in the plane, you wake up in a new city on a brand new day, you start your touring without missing a beat! Great planning!!

It was well-thought out except that we forgot we are Singaporeans. That means we are bloody Kiasu.

I was almost half-asleep when the plane was in the air just about 1.30am when my wife asked me why I'm sleeping so early.

Dumb question I thought. So I entertained her by replying "It's only a 5 hours flight, we need to catch some sleep."

She replied, "You don't want the refreshments?"

"huh? got refreshments? ok lor"

And so the refreshment came just about 1.45am and we finished that at about just after 2am. It took me a while before I finally slept.

Not for long.

We were all woken up at 4.30am....for breakfast. 4.30AM... BREAKFAST!!!!

Damn it!! I know Hari Raya is around the corner, but do we really have to break fast so early?!??!?

I struggled but decided that I should not waste the food (money). And so I ate breakfast half-asleep.

And out plane arrived at Shanghai at about 6am.

All of us slept for about 2 over hours. Needless to say, we arrived at Shanghai, not full of energy but full of sleepy bugs.

And we spend the whole afternoon sleeping at the hotel.

Ultimate.

No comments: