Thursday, January 11, 2007

there's something about ..... iphone

Some moron text me early morning yesterday to tell me that iphone will be out this year and how salivating the look is.

Interestingly, 2 years ago, this friend of mine argued that Apple would not come out with a phone when I mentioned that Apple would go into the phone industry after Motorola had a tieup with itunes. I can't recall what his reasoning was, but I think he couldn't recall either given his excitment about the iphone.

Of course, I wasn't as excited as my very first glimse of the gadget only came sometime yesterday afternoon when coolcat called me about it.


When I finally saw it... I was like..... HELLO??!? Isn't this a PDA phone that looks like anyother PDA phone in the market except that instead of "Shortcuts", you have widgets instead.

I personally have a problem with touch-screen phones. No doubt, it takes a while to get used to it (but why do we have to get used to using a phone?), sending sms is another pain.

Essentially, Apple is giving us a PDA Phone with a different user-interface platform that is similar to their Macbooks.

And while the PDA phone design still looks "clean", it's not a design breakthrough that one would salivate over.

For those looking for a PDA phone, then perhaps this is the one to wait around for.


Interestingly, there are more concept designs in the web that I thought looks more Appleish than the above. In fact, the above looks rather LG ish. But then again, Apple fans are "blinded" by the brand and it doesn't matter if the design is ordinary and they will still say they look revolutionary.

Some examples from appleiphone.blogspot.com :





No comments: